Avoiding a Flood
Floods are the most common natural disasters in the United States. There are many effects a heavy rain storm can cause. Some significant things such as flooding, potential flash floods, mud-flows, or over-topping levees and dams. Here in California heavy rains can happen, putting properties like your home or business at risk.
Tips to help your home or business avoid floods:
- Purchase flood insurance. (Call your insurance agent make sure your covered for FLOODS)
- Install rain gutters and other drainage systems. (Clean out rain gutters frequently)
- Fix any leaks IMMEDIATELY.
- Extra roof protection (spend a few hundred dollars more to install a rubber roof underlayment, a waterproof barrier that goes under the shingles and protects the roof from water intrusion.)
Tips for drivers during the rain season:
- Avoid cruise control (This feature works great in dry conditions, but when used in wet conditions, the chance of losing control of the vehicle can increase)
- Slow down and leave room in front of you (Slowing down during wet weather driving can be critical to reducing a car’s chance of hydroplaning, when the tires rise up on a film of water.)
Remember if you do experience a flood in your home or business SERVPRO of Chatsworth / Stevenson Ranch is one call away and we make your water damage "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of Chatsworth/Stevenson Ranch at (818) 842-1400