Flash Flood Tips
Flash Flood in City
Flash floods can happen at any moment. They are often a significant source of rainfall in Southern California, but with that can come water damage to homes and commercial properties. Here are some tips to follow after a flood.
1. Only return to your home or property when it is deemed safe to do so. If there was a mandatory evacuation, wait until that is lifted to return.
2. Inspect your home or property. Look for leaks, water damage, hillsides, or slope movement.
3. Drive carefully, many roads will be covered with mud, debris, and often holes.
4. Be vigilant for mudslides as they can happen days after the flood after the soil dries.
5. Be prepared for the next flood by preparing slopes and high risk areas during the winter time.
SERVPRO of Chatsworth/Stevenson Ranch is faster to any size disaster!
Drains and Gutters
Please remember clean your drain gutters
Gutters are a very important part of roofs for commercial and residential buildings as they are responsible for transporting water and debris off of roofs. It is vital especially in stormy seasons, that you keep your gutters functioning to their highest ability. Here are a few ways to help ensure that your gutters are doing their job and are in good condition.
- Gutters should be inspected twice a year and cleared of debris that could prevent the flow of water and materials from roof. Also, check for standing water in gutters as it could indicate inadequate flow of water. Water should be moving down off the roof toward storm drainage areas. Keeping trees trimmed near the roof will alleviate stress on gutters because the branches will not slow water flow or contribute more debris to gutters.
- Ensure water is being funneled away from the building once off the roof, as flooding can sometimes occur due to runoff not having proper.
- Water stains on the internal ceiling can indicate a roof leak.
In the case of water damage, roof leaks, and storm damage, SERVPRO of Chatsworth/Stevenson Ranch provides “24 Hour Emergency Services” 7 days a week.
House Fires in Winter
House fire that happened in December
Did you know that according to the California State Firefighter's Association, December, January, February and March are the peak months for house fires?
The cause of these fires are primarily due to heating equipment such as space heaters. The different ways space heaters can cause a fire are:
- Lack of cleaning around space heaters and/or inside chimneys
- Placing heaters too close to combustibles
- Basic flaws in the design of the heater
- Leaks involving liquid or gas heaters
Here are some ways that you can help prevent winter fires and protect yourself and your family:
Turn off space heaters when leaving a room
- Give space heaters at least 3 feet clearance all the way around from household items
- Clean around space heaters regularly, especially inside of the chimney
- Install smoke detectors
- Keep a fire extinguisher in your home and educate yourself on how to use it
Unfortunately, even with precautions fires can still happen in your home. If you do suffer fire or smoke damage in your home, have no fear we are here to help! We have certified trained technicians that specialize in fire and smoke damage. Please call us, SERVPRO of Burbank (818) 842-1400.
Mold In Your Commercial Property
Visible mold found in electrical room at a commercial property.
Here are some tips if you suspect that you have found mold in your commercial property.
What you should do:
- Turn of the HVAC system and fans
- Stay out of the affected area
- Contact SERVPRO of Burbank for mold remediation services
What you should not do:
- Do not touch or disturb the mold
- Do not attempt to clean the area yourself
- Do not blow any air around the suspected microbial growth
- Do not spray disinfectants on the mold
If you come across suspected mold, do not disturb it in any way. Any disturbance could easily spread the mold spores throughout your property. When disturbed, mold spores can become airborne and circulate inside your business.
SERVPRO of Chatsworth/Stevenson Ranch specializes in mold cleanup and restoration. It is a huge part of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate the mold problem quickly and safely. The well being of our customers is our highest priority!
If you believe you have found mold at your business do not hesitate and call us today- (818) 842-1400
Storm Roof Damage
Roof damage caused from a storm.
Severe or even mild thunderstorms can easily cause roof damage, especially if your roof is older than 15-20 years old. These damages can cause water intrusion in your home and if left untreated can cause more serious issues such as mold or wood rot. Some common types of roof damage from storms are:
- Split seams
- Broken or cracked tiles
- Dented or missing shingles
- Dents on gutters or vents
All of these issues can cause water to leak into your home and you may not even notice! Unless you physically see the water damage, you may not realize that you have any. If you have an attic that you don't always go into, it is possible to have water leaking before seeing it. It is always a good idea to check for roof damage after a severe thunderstorm. A professional roofing contractor can help you with this.
In addition to these common types of damage, there are some rare occurrences of damage that can happen. Rare types of roof damage are:
- Caving in on itself
- Tree blowing over onto roof
Unfortunately for these types of rare but extreme damage, there is no way to prevent them from happening. The best thing you can do, is to get your roof replaced if older than 15 years, and to make sure to trim your trees prior to a thunderstorm.
Even if water does enter your home from roof damage, know that SERVPRO of Burbank is here to help 24/7! 818-842-1400
SERVPRO & The American Red Cross
The American Red Cross recently recognized SERVPRO®, a cleanup and restoration company, for participating in its Disaster Responder Program. As a member of this program, SERVPRO pledges a donation to the Red Cross as an action of preparation against the calculated 66,000 disasters that occur annually. SERVPRO is entering their third year of partnership with the Red Cross, and to date their donations to the organization exceed one million dollars.
The majority of the disasters that occur every year are house fires. Statistics cited by the Red Cross state that in the U.S. seven people die in a home fire each day. The Red Cross has aimed to reduce deaths and injuries caused by home fires 25 percent by the year 2019. Because of this goal, they launched a Home Fire Campaign in October of 2014. The support of SERVPRO and other Disaster Responder Program members allows the Red Cross to pursue their home fire prevention goals while continuing to provide critical services to disaster victims.
"Statistics compiled by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) show the majority of home fires are related to cooking accidents." Dave Tronson, owner of SERVPRO of Chatsworth / Stevenson Ranch, states, "the risk for home fires exists all year long," further extending their pledge to help Red Cross to respond and prevent such a disaster as a home fire.
Not only does SERVPRO help other business and home owners with recovery for fires, floods, and other disasters, the company and its franchises actively support disaster preparedness education, including fire prevention efforts. When disaster strikes, the relationships with major insurance companies combined with the industry-leading job-management technology that SERVPRO has can smooth the path to rebuilding and restoration for home and business owners affected by disastrous events.
"SERVPRO’s commitment to the Red Cross Disaster Responder Program means that when disaster strikes, homeowners can count on the Red Cross to address their immediate needs and supply essential services," said Tronson. "Once the immediate emergency is under control, homeowners can count on the expertise of restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Chatsworth / Stevenson Ranch to help restore their property and move forward with their lives."
For fire prevention tips and information about fire and water damage restoration services, please visit www.SERVPRO.com. For more information on SERVPRO® of Chatsworth / Stevenson Ranch, please contact Dave Tronson at (818) 709-6090 or SERVPRO2720@SERVPROburbank.com
Founded in 1967, the SERVPRO® Franchise System is a leader and provider of fire and water cleanup and restoration services, and mold mitigation and remediation. SERVPRO's professional services network of more than 1,700 individually owned and operated Franchises responds to property damage emergencies ranging from small individual disasters to multi-million dollar large-loss events. Providing coverage in the United States and Canada, the SERVPRO® System has established relationships with major insurance companies and commercial clients, as well as individual homeowners.
The Heavy Rains have hit Southern California! Here are some tips for your home and the rainy weather!
Tip #1: Check those gutters! This can be a simple but very effective way to prevent unwanted water from entering your home or business. Gutters that are clogged with debris from overhanging trees, trash, or roofing materials can easily clog the drain and shuffle unwanted water your way.
Tip #2: Tarp up any unfinished roofing projects. Going along with our first tip, small openings in the roof of your home and business can quickly become large openings with heavy rain, causing water damage inside your building. Make sure to give your local roofing company a call and get those potential problem areas patched up ASAP.
Tip #3: Examine your window glaze and compound. Often times, glazing compound can shrink during the warmer months, making windows more susceptible to unwanted rain water penetration. Your local contractor can help patch this up for you, ensuring that you are set and ready for even the heaviest of rains! Another helpful tip… make sure you close your windows before going to bed or leaving the home!
And finally, Tip #4 (the most important!): Should you find yourself in a situation where you do have a water damage emergency, call SERVPRO of Chatsworth / Stevenson Ranch. Our staff is prepped and ready to respond and help make your rain disaster, "Like it never even happened."
Our Mold Expertise
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
· Stay out of affected areas.
· Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
· Contact SERVPRO of Chatsworth / Stevenson Ranch for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
· Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
· Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
· Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
· Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Chatsworth / Stevenson Ranch specializes in mold cleanup and restoration; in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (818) 842-1400
When talking to business owners regarding potential water damage events, they often visualize a massive storm wiping out power lines, flooding offices. Resulting the fear of having to shut down businesses for days at a time with it potentially not opening. It is true that commercial water damage is often the result of floods and water that stems from weather events and storms. Although living in sunny Southern California; hurricane-like storms are few and far between.
However, many entrepreneurs and business space renters forget that storms and severe weather aren't the only cause of floods and water damage. Commercial water damage is surprisingly common year-round, and it can drastically affect the operation of your business. Here are some of the typical causes of water damage to commercial buildings.
- Malfunctioning sprinkler systems: Some older office and retail buildings still have outdated sprinkler systems that work in conjunction with fire protection systems. While such sprinklers can come in handy during a fire emergency, they can also cause commercial flood damage if they are faulty or in need of replacement. This could easily damage inventory and business assets.
- Damaged appliances and equipment: This cause of commercial flood damage is more common in restaurants and catering facilities, as well as any business that has appliances and equipment that make use of water. If the appliance fails and sends water across your building, especially during late hours when no one is around, you may come back to work and face a water emergency.
- Broken pipes and plumbing: Just like in a residence, if the plumbing system in your workplace fails water damage could be the result. If you question the stoutness of your building's pipes, contact SERVPRO for a thorough inspection and assessment.
- Backed up sewer lines: This is another cause of commercial water damage that often catches business owners by surprise. Should the sewer line to your building back up or become damaged, realize the potential dangers of contaminated Black Water which can cause health effects and ruin products and office furnishings. SERVPRO has certified IICRC technicians to deal with this type of water damage.
If your business has suffered commercial water damage, SERVPRO of Chatsworth / Stevenson Ranch call us anytime 24/7 at (818) 842-1400 for fast help.
SERVPRO of Chatsworth/Stevenson Ranch prides themselves on customer service. Here at SERVPRO we make ourselves available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our office staff work hard day in and day out to help every customer who may call. They are well trained and up to date with everything there is to know about SERVPRO so that they might help to the best of their ability.
When it comes to our techs and men who work out in the field they carry respect for every customer they come in contact with. They are aware that everyone they help are in a stressful situation and try their best to alleviate any stress they can. Our men are kind and well trained here at SERVPRO of Chatsworth/Stevenson Ranch!